-->

Monday, December 14, 2009

Please Donate to the Minnesota AIDS walk

I am raising money for St. Mark's Episcopal Cathedral's Minnesota AIDS Walk team.  I am walking because HIV education and prevention is important to me and because I want to encourage others to help. The money I raise goes directly to prevention efforts and to serving those affected by HIV. Your help is more important than ever! Sadly, funding to help those in need is being cut while the number of those being affected by HIV continues to increase. In 2008, there were 326 new cases of HIV diagnosed throughout the state of Minnesota impacting people of all races, genders, and sexual orientations. New cases of HIV continue to rise in young adults under the age of 24, particularly in young gay men. The need for prevention education is as critical as ever.


Please know that I am personally grateful to those of you who are able to donate, at any amount! Please support me and the Minnesota AIDS Project as we work towards stopping HIV. Let’s Walk in honor of those we have lost and in celebration of better outcomes for those who continue the fight every day.  Click below to donate:
 
http://community.mnaidsproject.org/gayjaybird2010


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment