-->

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Wrong Way on Heterosexism Boulevard

One of the most common ways LGBT people get attacked by the conservative Christian Church is through a missaplication of Biblical passages to support a heterosexist viewpoint.  Heterosexism says that anything that is not 'one man, one woman' is abnormal, unhealthy, (insert negative adjective here).  Personally, I think they've come to the wrong conclusion.  The Bible actually affirms gay relationships.

This discussion is very personal to me, because I have been having this discussion with my family as well as with strangers.  Over the next several weeks, I will share with you the research I did, and explain how I came to understand that the Bible that has been used as a weapon to attack me actually is supportive of me.

First up, "God made Adam and Eve, Not Adam and Steve!"
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment