All over the web there are Church-State intersections. Here's a roundup:
- Daily Kos: I Will Pray For You -- Send Money --Christian Scientists want provision for "Spiritual Healthcare" in Healthcare reform Bill
- Enlightened Catholic: Back and forth between Bishop Tobin of RI and Patrick Kennedy over Kennedy's stance on abortion rights, and Tobin's refusal to serve Kennedy communion
- G.A.Y.: Was she arrested for "simply praying near an abortion clinic"?
- Bearing False Witness: FCR Mischaracterizes Congresswoman Diana DeGette's remarks about the separation of church and state, via Holy Bullies and Headless Monsters
- Outing Priests:
- Fr. Geoff Arrow: Would Outing gay priests do more harm than good?
- OTOH, can we afford to remain silent? A Pro-Outing argument from Enlightened Catholic
- Marriage Equality:
- PinkNews: Straight couple applying for a UK civil partnership have their application rejected based on their sexuality
- Ideological Purity
- Joe.My.God: Republican 'Purity' test Problem is, according to Keith Olbermann on his Countdown yesterday, President Reagan would have failed! (Ok, this one is more solely on the state side, but the case can be argued that Homophobic attitudes from the Church
- Social Justice
- Joe.My.God: DC Catholic Charities whines about bad press due to the US Council of Bishops declaration.
- Crooks & Liars: AZ woman forced to give birth in shackles due to undocumented immigrant status and racial profiling. Sentenced inmates are treated better!